Thursday, November 10, 2011

Post#7 - The Hallway

Good morning everyone,


This week has been a busy one again.  Louise finished taping and putting mud on the walls in the kitchen. She did an awesome job. In addition she painted those walls. We were lucky to have Jinny's help on Friday. The picture below shows our project so far.

Project - Week#6

I installed a fan in our bathroom which took most of a day.  It was hard to get the hose through to the soffit but in the end everything worked out fine. We plan on remodelling our bathroom soon.

We had a lot of rain last week which slowed me down quite a bit. I like to setup on my deck to work when its nice outside. If it rains I have to cut all of my pieces in the shop which is about 75 feet from the house. I tried putting a tarp on our trellis but it was raining so much that the water was collecting on the tarp and was leaking on the deck. I'm still trying to come up with some way of keeping the rain off the deck. The next picture is the hallway with the knotty pine.

Hallway
We receive 2 of our 4 Bostonian doors last week. The other 2 were damaged in the wearhouse.  I should get the other 2 doors in 4 to 5 weeks. I'll probably install the doors at the end of the month once we have our tiles in.

I also installed the cement board on the wall in the dining room. We are still waiting for our cultured stone to come in.  I figure it will take us a couple of days to install. Hopefully we will receive our cultured stone by the end of this week.

This week I'm hoping to get the knotty pine on the ceiling and install the cultured stone on the dining room wall.

We have 2 weeks left before the guys come in to install our cabinets.  We hope to have everything done on time. Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment