Sunday, October 2, 2011

Post#1 - Moving Cabinets

Good morning everyone,


Welcome to our blog. This is our first post and I hope you will come back and visit often. This week we started to take down our cabinets. I'm on a parental leave until January 9th, 2012. I will be focussing on this project for the next 14 weeks. If things go according to plan we should be able to finish a little early and have our Christmas supper in our new kitchen.

The next picture shows our current kitchen:
Current Kitchen

Last week I started to move the cabinets from our kitchen to the shop.  I hope to finish this part of the project by mid-week. If everything goes according to plan I will have all of my cabinets installed in the shop by the end of the week. The next picture shows the cabinets in the shop so far.
Shop Cabinets

I bought an old radial arm saw last week. I need to install it in my work bench. The next picture is one of the saw. It is over 40 years old but in good working order.
Radial Arm Saw

I plan on using the radial arm to cut rough lumber and keep my compound miter saw to cut the good stuff. I'm looking to buy a mitre saw stand for my mitre saw. The one I'm thinking about can be seen at the next link. I just need to find a reseller close to our place.



Once I finish moving and installing the old cabinets I will start to take the drywall off of the walls in the kitchen and dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment