Sunday, October 16, 2011

Post#3 - Removing Drywall

Hello everyone,

I can't believe that I am already starting the third week in my parental leave. Time is certainly flying by and the project is moving along nicely. This past week we were able to remove most of the drywall in both the kitchen and the dining room. In addition we removed the partition wall between the kitchen and dinning room. We still have to remove part of the wall separating the dining room from the living room. I spent about two days and a half working on this part of the project. Yesterday Alex removed the foil off the wall, it will be replaced by plastic. The next pictures show the kitchen as of today.

Project-Week#2
Alex also helped a lot on Monday with removing drywall. He is growing way too fast and always eager to help out. I also started to varnish the knotty pine that will go on the ceiling. I can't really start working in the kitchen at 4:00 AM so I go to my shop and varnish for a few hours each morning. At the moment I have 40 pieces of 16' lengths with 3 coats of varnish on them. Many more to come since we decided that we will put knotty pine on the walls in the hallway too. The next picture shows the planks in the shop. I can varnish 16 at one time. I calculated that it takes me about 6 minutes per coat per plank.
 
Varnishing in the shop
I also started working on moving some of the electrical circuits from the upstairs panel to the downstairs one. So far I moved 11 circuits. I still have a few to go before I am done. I am probably going to spend most of next week working on electrical stuff. The next picture shows the panel upstairs.

Upstairs electrical panel
This week we receive our kitchen window. I will probably hire someone to put it in as I have too much work to do before they put in the cabinets at the end of November.

1 comment:

  1. Things look great so far Larry, it looks like you have a nice large shop to work in. Its cool to see the progression as you put in the pictures each week, looks like you are having fun!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete