Sunday, October 9, 2011

Post#2 - The Temporary Kitchen

Good morning everyone,


It has been a very busy week. On Thursday we went to watched our two daughters run in this year's cross country meet. Jasmine came in 12th place and Jacynthe in 23th place. We are very proud of our two girls.


On Friday Louise and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary, which is actually on Sunday. (October 9th)  I can't believe it's already been 18 years. I love you honey and I'm very lucky that you choose me to be the love of your life. We spent the day in Sudbury shopping.


This week we finished moving our kitchen downstairs. I had to do a little bit of electrical work to get the kitchen ready. I connected the receptacle for the oven and installed the hood over the oven. The next picture shows the new location for our kitchen. We took the table we had in our recroom upstairs in the shop and moved it in our temporary kitchen. We also moved our kitchen table from the dinning room to upstairs in our shop.

Temporary Kitchen

I also finished installing all of our old kitchen cabinets in the shop. In addition I installed my radial arm saw in the workbench. I found a nice mitre saw stand at Home Hardware in Sturgeon Falls for my sliding compound mitre saw. I also built a new cabinet for my clamps out of our old pantry. I ended painting the stairs because I had some paint left over from painting the kick plates.  The next pictures shows the shop as it is now. I actually spent more time in the shop than planned last week but at least the shop is now in tip top shape.
Shop


The next step in this project is to remove the laminate flooring and the drywall from our kitchen and dinning room.  I started yesterday and hope to get that done by mid-week at the latest. The next picture shows the project so far.
Project - Week#1
I also hope to start moving the electric wires out of the panel upstairs to the one we have downstairs. I think the electrical work will take a while to complete. I'll be spendnig some quality time in the attic pulling wires out. The next picture show the electrical panel upstairs.
Electrical Panel Upstairs


We plan on using the laminate flooring from our kitchen and dining in our bedroom. I will use the baseboards in my shop. I was lucky to have help from Louise and her mom yesterday to remove the laminate flooring. I also decided that I will varnish the knotty pine in my shop prior to putting it up on the ceiling. That is all for this week, see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment