Sunday, October 30, 2011

Post#5 - Recessed Lights

Good morning all,

When I first started the electrical part to this project I never realized the amount of work involved in re-routing the circuits from the panel upstairs to the one downstairs. At least now I'm done and all I need to do this week is connect the 6 recessed lights in the kitchen. The next diagram is the one that represents the recessed, cabinet and under counter lights.

Circuit 2
Last week I organized the two electrical panels downstairs which took over five hours. I still have lots of room in my main panel to add more circuits if I ever need too.
Downstairs Panel
Last week I bought lumber to build the posts and beams.  I'm hoping to get those in this week. The next picture shows the posts and beams in my shop.  Yesterday Alex and I planed those posts and beams and they are looking great.  The next picture shows the posts and beams in my shop before they were planed.

Post & Beams - Rough
I'm done varnishing 80 piece of 16' knotty pine that will go on the ceiling and part of the north wall in the dining room. I used over 3 gallons of varnish to get all of these planks varnished. I'm looking forward to putting those up on the ceiling. We insulated the south wall in the kitchen. The next picture shows our kitchen as of this week. I had to remove all of the insulation because we had condensation between the exteriour wall and the insulation. I hope that we get our kitchen window on Tuesday so that we can start closing the West wall too.
Project - Week#4
This week I hope to finish taking down the drywall in the dining room, start putting up the drywall on the east and south walls and maybe even install some of the posts and beams. Alex will be spending the day helping out on Wednesday because it's 'Take Your Kids to Work' day. It will be nice to have a helping hand. Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment